Workshops on the Neurobehavioural (NB) Model for the Development of Successful Accommodation for People with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
Workshops are offered in a variety of formats to meet the diverse needs of our community partners:
- Introduction to The Neurobehavioural Model – 1.5 – 3 hours
- One Day Condensed Workshop – 7 hours
- Two Day Workshop – 14 hours
- Three Day in-Depth Workshop – 21 hours
- Parents/Caregivers Workshop – 8 Sessions X 3 hours/24 hours
Understanding the Neurobehavioural Model and developing consistent accommodations for individuals with FASD takes time. Learning to look at, and respond to, behaviours differently means creating a new paradigm or perspective for the meaning of behaviours. This process takes practice and is real physical work for our brains! Consider this when looking at workshop options and be patient with yourself as you begin to apply the information and tools.
Consultation services on the brain-based approach to FASD and other brain-based conditions are available for caregivers, support workers/professionals, agencies and for larger community groups. These services may include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of current practices and fit with the needs of individuals living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and other brain-based conditions
- Delivery of individualized workshops in the NB Model
- Support in the application of the NB Model
- Support in the development of resources